Friday, February 18, 2011

What "Success" Is. To Me.

To have the ways, means, time and guts to choose and follow my own path.

To dissolve the line between who I am and what I "do."

To make decisions based not on fear, guilt, money or politics but rather what truly feels right.

To have much love, passion and fun in my life.

To be healthy in body, mind and spirit.

To have enthusiasm when I wake up, and peace of mind when I go to bed.

To use my unique gifts in a way that makes a positive difference in many peoples' lives.

To inspire and motivate others.

To be able to make people laugh -- including myself.

To know that I'm on the right path and not alone in my journey.

To live with the understanding that "getting there" isn't half the fun, it's most of it.

To make the most with what I've been given.

To take advantage of every opportunity and face every fear.

To live having true friends and die having no regrets.

To be able to experience death not as a "grim reaper", but rather as a welcomed sleep after a good, long day.


Strangely, I never saw that person again. Maybe I didn't need to. So, now I'll pass along the same challenge to you. Can you write down your own definition of "success"?

I hope this inspires you to define and achieve your own life success. Whatever that may be.

by John Follis, President/Creative Director of Follis/NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment